Top 10 albums of the year
1. The Strokes - -Is This It
2. Radiohead - --Amnesiac.
3. Bob Dylan - --Love and Theft.
4. Leonard Cohen - --Ten New Songs
5. Travis - --The Invisible Band
6. Gorillaz - --Gorillaz
7. Mogawi - --Rock Action.
8. Stereolab - --Sound-Dust
9. Spiritualized - -- Let It Come Down.
10. E.L.O. - --Zoom
TOP 10 Reissues of The Year
1(Tie). The Velvet Underground - --Bootleg Series Volume I
l(Tie). Ramones - -- (Ramones, Leave Home, Rocket To Russia and Road to Ruin)
2. Shuggie Otis - --lnspiration Information
3. De La Soul - --3 Feet High and Rising.
4. Bob Marley - --Exodus(Deluxe Edition)
5. Bob Marley and The Wailers - --Catch a Fire (Deluxe Edition).
6. The Who - --Live At Leeds (Deluxe Edition).
7. Radio Birdman - --The Essential (1974-78)
8. James Brown - --Live at The Apollo Vol. ll(Deluxe Edition)
9. Marvin Gaye - --What's Going On (Deluxe Edition)
10. Marvin Gaye - --Lets Get it On (Deluxe Edition)
Singles and Ep's of The Year
1. The Strokes - --The Modern Age
2. Gorillaz - --Clint Eastwood
3. The Strokes - -- Last Night
4. PJ Harvey - -- Good Fortune
5. White Stripes - -- Hotel Yorba
6. Travis - --Side
7. Coldplay - --Trouble
8. Mogawi - --My Father, My King
9. The Strokes - --Hard To Explain
10. Daft Punk - --One More Time (We Gonna Celebrate)
Albums and Ep's released in 2000 that were not eligible in making
the TOP 10 in 2001 which would have if they were in released in
1. Coldplay - --Parachutes
2. Placebo - -- Black Market Music
3. PJ Harvey - --Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea
4, Tricky - -- Mission Accomplished
How the Mighty have fallen award. (When Bad albums happen to great artists)
1. Mick Jagger - --Goddess in the Doorway
2. Tricky - --Blowback
Just Plain Bad!
2. Britney Spears
4. Backstreet Boys
5. Limp Bizkit
6. Good Charlotte
7. Jessica Simpson
8. Willa Ford
9. Aaron Carter
10. The 4 gals who did that awful remake of Lady Marmalade
Bad Move of the Year
1. Osama Bin Laden's attack on the U.S. which brought down the Talibhan regime in Afghanistan.
2. Jerry Falwell's and Pat Robertson's Idiotic Comments on The Sept. 11th attack blaming it on Gays, Feminists and Secular Humanists.
3. Aerosmith's performance on The Super Bowl halftime show with Britney Spears and N-Sync. 20 lashes with a wet noodle.
Opportunists of The Year
1. A 4 way tie between George W. Bush, John Ashcroft, George Pataki and Rudi Guiliani for profiting on the panic and the fear of the American People after the Sept. 11th Attack. Talk about an American Ruse.
Whiny Of The Bitch - - Lars Ulrich ofMetallica for complaining about Napster and having it shut down.
Just Plain Pathetic - - Mick Jagger pushing 60 and still shaking his ass as if he were 25. Oh man, give it up already.
Unintentionally Funny Moments of The Year (Tie)
Mariah Carey's Breakdown on Total Request Live! "Seeing a Pop Diva Become a has-been and washed up on Live TV? Priceless!"
Mick Jagger's Single and Video "God Gave Me Everything That I Want?" Yeah he gave you everything except eternal youth Mick.
Still waiting for their next album to be released?
My Bloody Valentine. II years and counting!
Emitt Rhodes, 29 years and Counting,
If You have to see one Movie This Year? : The Royal Tennenbaums!