- 1. Bob Dylan - Love and Theft
- 2. Earmight - Monk
- 3. Avalon Blues - A Tribute to Mississippi John Hurt
- 4. Loudon Wainwright III - The Last Man On Earth
- 5. White Stripes - White Blood Cells
- 6. Rufus Wainwright - Poses
- 7. Rachelle Garniez - Crazy Blood
- 8. The Detroit Cobras - Life, Love and Leaving
- 9. The Derailers - Here Come the Derailers
- 10. Junior Brown - Mixed Bag
Hi Poop people how are you? I almost didn’t make it in, thank god poopster Zip reminded me of the deadline and poopster Lange hooked me up via fax to Prez Poop Rosen.
Most of my top 10 you have heard of. I would like to point out Earmight…they are a great quartet that does Thelonius Monk tunes in a wonderful new way…members happen to be my local favorites: Dean Jones, Ken McGloin, Dean Sharp and NY’er Dave Hofstra. I saw them at the Rosendale Café and it was my favorite show of the year.
My other favorite show this past year was Love Whip at the Rhinecliff Hotel on New Years Eve. They are a Boston band that plays west African highlife and juju as well as early ska/rock steady…I must say I am not crazy about the name but I love them anyway……..what happened to band names like Wormwood?!
Anyhow, ending up with good music at the Rhinecliff eating a bowl of bacon upstairs for breakfast at 5am with this nice band was a perfect end to a year which for me frankly, stunk on ice. I am feeling much better now that I am here with you all in the poop book.
Visited links are
Members + Invited Guests Blog
The Full PoOP
Our Fearless Leader's Annual Analysis
PoOPlist Bulletin Board
(even more pomposity)
(for no real reason)
Shameless link to a messy site - which will change, soon
(redirects to Sucklist.com, vote for the worst/most annoying...!)