- You may need to refer to these instructions again shortly, so we recommend opening
a new browser window first. This is usually done by
>FILE >NEW >WINDOW
You can then type in the address of the catalog:
(where XXX is the name of the catalog you want)
(or you could highlight the address above, copy it into the address bar of the new window, change the name and go)
- Now that you have the catalog in your New Window you are ready to Download (or Save)
it to your computer. To do this:
>FILE >SAVE AS
and choose a place to put it (probably a new folder called "Parnassus") If this is
the first time you've done this you might want to write down the location where you are saving.
That way you can refer to it in a moment.
- Your computer will probably want to save it as an .htm file. This is good.
- Depending on the speed of your computer, modem and bandwidth, the download will
take a little while. Go off and have a cup of coffee.
Once your computer has finished dowloading, disconnect from the net.
Searching the Catalog
To do this: >FILE >OPEN >BROWSE (or CHOOSE) FILE
- Then go to the location where you saved the page (did you write it down?). It will probably be called
" pXXX.htm ", double click on it and it should either pop into the dialog box or even open itself up.
Now you have the catalog opened in the browser, you can scroll through it at will,
or use the alphabetical links for links for labels.
If you want to search the page:
>EDIT and then >FIND
and then type in the term for wich you want to search.
We usually do NOT match the case, but if you want to use that function in your search,
you should know that our catalog lists artists and conductors in CAPITALS, no other fields contain all capitals.
Use "Find Again" to keep moving through the catalog looking for the item. Start
again at the "TOP", for a different search.
Suggestions are invited for the streamlining of this process!